Monday, September 1, 2008

Kovakkai, Tindora masala recipe

Kovakkai ,Tindora masala,it easy to do, I had never tasted kovakkai before.I found many of my friends cook this vegetable and when I happen to taste it I liked it too. Once when we went to a friend's house for dinner , she had cooked this curry.It was different with peanuts and I couldn't find out it was kovakkai. I got the recipe from her and whenever I buy this vegetable I cook this way

Ingredients

Kovakkai- 3 cups (cut lengthwise )
Onions- 1 large chopped finely
Green chilli-1 chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
Coriander powder- 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp or acc to taste
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Cloves- 3 or 4
Salt to taste
Oil- 4 to 5 tsp
Coriander leaves- 2 tsp chopped finely
For seasoning
Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
Jeera- ¼ tsp
Curry leaves - few
Peanuts- 3 tsp
Method

Heat oil in a pan add the seasoning items. Add the chopped onion and green chilli and fry till the onions become transparent. Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears. Now add the kovakkai pieces and fry for some time. Add the turmeric, coriander and chilli powders. Crush or powder the cloves and add it to the masala. Add little water , simmer the flame and close it with a lid. Cook till the vegetable becomes tender and oil seperates. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Thank natural to make herbals for good life!