Okra Vegetable , herbs for beautiful women , for hair lost and good health.
The world's most beautiful women, Cleopatra of Egypt and Yang Guifei
of China loved to eat Okra in their diets according to the history
Productive land of Okra, Kami rural area in Kowchi Prefecture, Japan, young and old are all in smile and
look very healthy. When we asked the secret of their beautiful smile
and good health in that area, their answers were great grace of Okra.
The history of Okra seems to be very old and it was cultivated in
Egypt before the time of Cleopatra. The Okra plant spread to many
parts of the world during the Atlantic slave trade. During WWII, the
shortage of coffee beans made them use Okra seeds as a substitute for
coffee. This incident made the word "Okra fever". Since then, Okra's
popularity never disappeared from local markets to convenience stores
throughout the world and throughout the year.
Okra NUTRITION INFORMATION
Okra contains vitamins A and C and is a good source of iron and
calcium. It also contains starch, fat, ash, thiamine and riboflavin.
No wonder, Cleopatra and Yang Guifei maintained their beauties.
Probably, you want to know more specifically. Here Okra is :
BENEFITS OF Okra
1. The superior fiber found in Okra helps to stabilize the blood
sugar by curbing the rate at which sugar is absorbed from the
2. Okra's mucilage binds cholesterol and bile acid carrying toxins
dumped into it by the filtering liver.
3. Okra helps lubricate the large intestines due to its bulk laxative
qualities. The Okra fiber absorbs water and ensures bulk in stools.
This helps prevent and improve constipation. Unlike harsh wheat bran,
which can irritate or injure the intestinal tract, Okra's mucilage
soothes, and Okra facilitates elimination more comfortably by its
slippery characteristic. Okra binds excess cholesterol and toxins (in
bile acids). These, if not evacuated, will cause numerous health
problems. Okra also assures easy passage out of waste from the body.
Okra is completely non-toxic, non-habit forming, has no adverse side
effects, is full of nutrients, and is economically within reach of
most unlike the OTC drugs.
4. Okra fiber is excellent for feeding the good bacteria
(probiotics). This contributes to the health of the intestinal tract.
5. Okra is a supreme vegetable for those feeling weak, exhausted, and
suffering from depression.
6. Okra is used for healing ulcers and to keep joints limber. It
helps to neutralize acids, being very alkaline, and provides a
temporary protective coating for the digestive tract.
7. Okra treats lung inflammation, sore throat, and irritable bowel.
8. Okra has been used successfully in experimental blood plasma
9. Okra is good for summer heat treatment. Okra is a supreme
vegetable for those feeling weak, exhausted, and suffering from
10. Okra is good for constipation.
11. Okra is good in normalizing the blood sugar and cholesterol
12. Okra is good for asthma. Okra's vitamin C is an antioxidant and
anti-inflammatory, which curtail the development of asthma symptoms.
13. Okra is good for atherosclerosis.
14. Okra is believed to protect some forms of cancer expansion,
especially colorectal cancer.
15. Eating Okra helps to support the structure of capillaries.
16. Some information shows that eating Okra lowers the risk of
17. Okra is good for preventing diabetes.
18. Okra protects you from pimples and maintains smooth and beautiful
skin. We understand the reason why Cleopatra and Yang Guifei loved to
There are other medicinal uses of Okra, like its protection against
Thank natural to make herbals for good life!